Iqama is one important identity card for every expatriate living in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Most of the Expatriates even suffer to get Iqama, because without Iqama they cannot even go outside their houses. Iqama must be made by the Sponsor of Kafeel for every expatriate, once they land in Saudi Arabia.
But Most of our Expatriates living in Saudi Arabia, dont know many things about Iqama. Be it a renewal of Iqama, Iqama Validity Check, Changing Iqama pictures, etc.
Here are few important links for every Expatriate living in Saudi Arabia for Iqama, You can Bookmark and even Share it with your friends or save these links in some file for future references.
Whats is Iqama?
Iqama is a Identity Card in Saudi Arabia All Expatriates living in Saudi Arabia land in Saudi Arabia with a Visa. Immigrants / Expats who want to live in the kingdom will come with a Work Visa or a permanent Family Visa and would require Iqama for the first 90 days of their arrival. Get details information on Iqama here.
Importance of Iqama in Saudi Arabia
For expats living in Saudi Arabia, the Iqama is a very important document. It can be used as proof of who you are, a work permit, and a place to live. A expatriate can’t legally work, open a bank account, rent an apartment, or use other important services without an Iqama. So, it is very important for expatriates to get an Iqama as soon as possible after they arrive in Saudi Arabia.
Top 20 Ways in Saudi Arabia to Use Iqama
- Work Permit: The Iqama is a work permit for people from other countries who want to work in Saudi Arabia. It is against the law to work in the country without an Iqama.
- Travel Document: The Iqama is a document for foreigners who want to travel within Saudi Arabia. When travelling in the country, you have to carry the Iqama with you at all times.
- Identification Card: The Iqama is a card that expatriates who live in Saudi Arabia use to prove who they are. It has personal information like your name, birth date, and a picture of you.
- Bank Account: An expatriate must have a valid Iqama in order to open a bank account in Saudi Arabia.
- Driving License: A valid Iqama is needed for an expatriate to get a licence to drive in Saudi Arabia.
- Mobile Phone: A expatriate must have a valid Iqama in order to sign a contract for a mobile phone in Saudi Arabia.
- Healthcare: A expatriate must have a valid Iqama in order to get medical care in Saudi Arabia.
- Education: A expatriate must have a valid Iqama in order to go to school or college in Saudi Arabia.
- Housing: A expatriate must have a valid Iqama in order to rent an apartment or house in Saudi Arabia.
- Internet and Cable TV: A expatriate must have a valid Iqama in Saudi Arabia to use the internet and cable TV.
- Utilities: A expatriate must have a valid Iqama in order to get electricity, water, and gas services in Saudi Arabia.
- Insurance: A expatriate must have a valid Iqama in Saudi Arabia in order to get insurance.
- Visa Processing: A expatriate must have a valid Iqama in order to get a visa for a family member or a visitor.
- Exit/Re-entry Visa: To obtain an exit/re-entry visa for travel outside Saudi Arabia, a foreign national must have a valid Iqama.
- Hajj and Umrah: A expatriate must have a valid Iqama in order to do Hajj or Umrah.
- Employment Verification: Employers in Saudi Arabia have to check the Iqama of their workers.
- Traffic violations: A driver’s Iqama is linked to traffic violations. Without a valid Iqama, a driver who breaks the law on the road could face legal consequences.
- Passport Renewal: A expatriate must have a valid Iqama in order to renew a passport at an embassy or consulate of their home country in Saudi Arabia.
- Banking Transactions: A expatriate must have a valid Iqama in order to do banking transactions like wire transfers and online banking.
- Job Application: A expatriate must have a valid Iqama in order to apply for a job in Saudi Arabia.
Official websites for Iqama
The General Directorate of Passports (Jawazat) is the government office in Saudi Arabia that is in charge of giving out and renewing Iqamas to foreigners. The agency also has a website with information about services related to Iqama, such as how to apply, how much it costs, and how to check on its status.
Here are some of Saudi Arabia’s official Iqama websites:
Absher: The Absher portal is an online place where Saudi Arabians can get a variety of government services, including services related to Iqama. The portal is available in both Arabic and English, and you can use a web browser or an app on your phone to get to it.
MOI (Ministry of Interior): The Ministry of Interior’s website has information about services related to Iqama, such as how to apply, how much it costs, and how to renew it. Both Arabic and English can be found on the website.
Passports (Jawazat): The General Directorate of Passports runs the Passports website, which has information about Iqama services like how to apply, how much it costs, and how to check on its status. Both Arabic and English can be found on the website.
ELM: ELM is a Saudi Arabian tech company that offers a variety of services, including ones related to Iqama. The company’s website has information about its services, such as how to apply, how much it costs, and how to check on its progress.
SADAD: SADAD is an online payment system that lets Saudi Arabians pay for a variety of services, including services related to Iqama. You can use a web browser or a mobile app to get to the system.
Tawakkalna: Tawakkalna is a mobile app that lets Saudi Arabians get access to a variety of government services, including services related to Iqama. You can get the app from either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
F.A.Q.s & All Important Iqama Links
Iqama (Muqeem) card:
How to Check Iqama Validty Online?
Its always important to know your Validity of your Iqama and whits get Expired. Here are the detail steps mentioned in this article on how to check Iqama Validity Online
How to renew your Iqama?
Expatriates need to check every now and then if the expiry date of their Iqama is nearing. Now Iqama is known as Muqeen Card and here are the steps for your Sponsor to Renew your Iqama
How to Change Iqama Profession?
Many Expatriates come across this issue, wherein their Iqama Profession doesn;t reflect their current job profession. So, if you’re in Saudi.you must have to do the same profession which is mentioned on your Iqama, else you might get caught.
Here is the article which explains in details about Chagning Iqama Profession.
Requirements for Iqama Profession Change:
Alos, know why changing your Iqama Profession can get rejected.
Changing Iqama profession got Rejected, Know the Reasons
How to replace your Damaged Iqama?
Many Iqamas gets damaged and there is a procedure by which you can replace your damaged Iqama. here are the detail instructions:
How to Change your Iqama Picture?
Do you know that Iqama pictures can be changed if they get blurred out. Here are the detailed steps to change Iqama Picture:
What to do when your Iqama gets Lost or gets Stolen?
These issues happen sometimes that your Iqama can be stolen and if you keep it somewhere else and forgotten or lost. Here are
the steps you need to follow if your Iqama got Stolen or Lost.
Listed here are few Iqama Renewal Best Practices
Here are the steps to follow if Family or Dependent Iqama is Lost:
How to change Incorrect Name on Iqama?
If your Names are not correctly printed as per your certificates and employment Agreement along with Passport. You can change the incorrect Name on Iqama by following the detailed steps mentioned here.
How to get Iqama for new Expatriates arrive in Saudi Arabia?
If your Kafeel or Sponsor didnlt give your Iqama. here are the steps you need to follow to get Iqama for new Expatriates in
Fines on Iqama:
Fine of 1000 SAR for late Iqama renewal. You can find more details in this article
Increase in Iqama Fee. Find more details in this article
Do you know the Penalties on Iqama Expiry?
Here is one of a best article which describes the penalties on Iqama Expiry in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Here is the List of things you cannot do if you don’t have your Iqama in Saudi Arabia.
Here are the Benefits of having Iqama in Saudi Arabia.
News related to Expatriates, Iqama, Visa, Jawazat, Jobs, Real Estate, Insurance, Banking and more. Subscribe Us Now! and Keep yourself updated.