Without Iqama its very hard to survive in Saudi Arabia, Its just like a social security number in USA. Iqama or Muqeem card is jsut like an identification for expatriates which will used for every government work or service required. Iqama holds all your relevant information E.g. Nationality, Employment, Employer/ Sponsor details etc. It allows you to legally reside in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Here are the things that you cannot do without Iqama:
– Cannot get Driving License without Iqama
– Cannot roam Openly or corss checkpoints within Saudi Arabia without Iqama
– Without Iqama, you’ll be unable to Open an account
– Cannot Rent a House
– Cannot Send money to your Home Country
– Not allowed to drive any vehicle as you’ll not get driving license without Iqama
– Without Iqama have to do regular visa runs i.e Cross border out of SA and re-enter to get new visa stamped in their passport.