This happens most of the times with Expatriates that Sponsors or employers forget to renew the Iqama on time and many workers who come to Saudi have to wait for almost many days to get their Iqama. Saudi Government has now implemented a rule, that if the Iqama is not made within 90 days of you being in the kingdom, You will have 2 options below:
1) Change your Sponsor
2) Go Back Home (Loosing all the money you invested to come to Saudi)
Nothing much can be done in such cases, but as per Jawazat its the responsibility of your Sponsor / Kafeel who have employed you to make Iqama and also take care of renewal.
If Sponsors fail to renew your Iqama on time, they will have to pay a fine of 500 SAR
- Iqama not renewed within 3 days of Expiry, Employer have to pay 500 SAR
- After 3 or more days of Iqama expiry, Fine will increase to 1000 SAR
- If these things happen multiple times, even the Expatriate may be deported to his home country
However, Jawazat will take action against the Sponsors / Employers who are violating Saudization rules. Its better to keep a check on your Iqama Expiry Date (How to Check Iqama Expiry) and keep your Sponsor informed about this in advance.
Other Fines for Employers:
– Fine for hiring Illegal worker – 25,000 SAR
– Second time if the same thing happens then the fine will be increases to 50,000 SAR
News related to Expatriates, Iqama, Visa, Jawazat, Jobs, Real Estate, Insurance, Banking and more. Subscribe Us Now! and Keep yourself updated.