King Salman on Thursday issued a royal order announcing that Feb. 22 will be known as Founding Day of Saudi Arabia. This day will be an official holiday for all public and private sectors in Saudi Arabia. It is noteworthy that the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman declared Feb. 22 an official holiday in the country.
Founding Day of Saudi Arabia – Feb 22
1. Founding Day of Saudi Arabia will be a separate day apart from Saudi National Day which is celebrated on 23rd September every year
2. Founding Day of Saudi Arabia is just a new political date for Saudi Arabia to celebrate
3. First official Saudi Holiday is Saudi National Day and Founding Day of Saudi Arabia will be the second official Saudi holiday
4. In 1139H (1727), Imam Muhammad bin Saud Al-Muqrin (Ibn Saud) founded the first Saudi state in Diriyah as its capital and made it the most stable regions after years of hard work.
5. Diriyah was divided before Ibn Saud united it
6. The Second Saudi State, known as the “Emirate of Najd”: 1240-1309H (1824-1891)
7. Diriyah was the capital for the first Saudi state under Ibn Saud. Later on Riyadh was made as the capital city after the second Saudi state
8. In the year 1319H (1902), King Abdulaziz set out to unite the rest of the surrounding regions into one state through a series of conquests. The year 1351H (1932) signifies the unification of all these regions under the Third Saudi State named the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.