Nitaqat is a Saudization initiation Law system started in Saudi Arabia, Introduced in 2011 by Ministry of Labor.
Why Nitaqat is important for Expats?
Nitaqat colour is extremely important for all the expats working in the Saudi Arabia (KSA), it represents the health of the company that employs them. Nitaqat color can be a decisive factor in getting a job in a company in the Saudi Arabia, renewing your Iqama status at the soonest, amount of fees you pay or being able to transfer your Iqama.
The Nitaqat colour of a company can be checked on the Official website of Ministry of Labour (www.mol.gov.sa) using the border number, Iqama number or passport number. After entering any of these three, you can see the Iqama colour status, the company’s legal status along with other details, such as your full name, work permit number and employment status.
Here’s what the colours actually mean
If your company Nitaqat show Red colour then it means that either you have been banned from change profession, VISA transfer, Issuance of New VISA
– Cannot Renew Iqamas of Employees
– Cannot change their professions
– Cannot open New Branches in KSA
– Cannot get new Visa for new expats
– Cannot transfer sponsorship from other sponsors /Kafeels
If your company is in Yellow Colour then you have the below conditions:
– Yellow category was abolished from the Nitaqat program and all the companies who were in Yellow Category were moved to ‘Red Category’ on Jan 26 2021.
If your company is in Green Colour then rate of Saudization is high
– New VISA can be applied once in 2 months
– Can change profession except which are restricted to Saudis
– 6 months grace period after expiry of Zakat & Revenue certificates
– Work Permit can be renewed
Nitaqat Blue or Platinum:
If your company is in Blue or Platinum Colour then rate of Saudization is very high
– Company can hire anybody from any part of the world
– Visa processing is really easy
– Will be able to get VISAs Online
– Able to change professions, even which are restricted to Saudis
– Condition Free VISA transfer
If your company is found to be in the Excluded category while checking Nitaqat Status online. It means the following:
– Company is less than 6 months
– Nitaqat requirements do apply to him
– Will be considered as Green