All the recreational activities were suspended by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the next 10 days due to the increase in the coronavirus cases. This step was taken to curb the spread of coronavirus. The step was in motion from February 4 (Thursday) at 10 pm was done as a precautionary and preventive measure to protect public health and prevent the spread of the outbreak of the second wave of coronavirus in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as some countries were severely affected by the outbreak of the second wave of the virus.
Activities That Has Been Suspended in Saudi Arabia for 10 Days
- All parties and events that include corporate meetings, weddings, events in banquet halls, independent wedding halls, rest houses, and camps that are rental that will be used for that purpose, this is for a period of 30 days which might be extended.
- The gatherings in a social event must not exceed 20 people for 10 days which might be extended.
- All entertainment activities and events are suspended for 10 days which might be extended.
- Cinemas, independent indoor games places, indoor entertainment centers or restaurants, shopping malls, gyms, and sports centers will remain closed for 10 days which might be extended.
- Provision of dining services in restaurants, cafes are suspended for 10 days and there are limitations for the takeaways without gathering for 10 days and both can be extended.
Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Municipal, Rural Affairs, and Housing will close the institutions, organizations, or establishments who will violate the rules for a period of 24 hours or 48 hours if violated for the first time, one week closure if rules are violated for the second time, two weeks closure if the violations of rules are repeated for the third time, one month closure if the violation of rules are repeated for the fourth time and more, without prejudice to the application of any other prescribed penalty for those violations. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced the suspension of flights from 20 countries on Tuesday.