Ministry of Labor & Social Development has announced a list of 12 Jobs Categories in which Expatriates are restricted to work and will only be available to Saudi Nationals (Citizens of Saudi Arabia).
This tules will be applicable from 1440 Hijri (November 2018) of the Gregorian Calender (Islamic Calender)
Here is the list of 12 Jobs where Expats cannot work form the beginning of the next Hijri year:
- Watch shops
- Optical stores
- Medical equipment stores
- Automobile and bike shops
- Electrical and electronics shops
- Household utensils shops and pastry shops
- Outlets selling car spare part
- Bilding material shops
- Outlets selling all types of carpets
- Sale outlets of ready-made garments
- Shops selling home furniture and ready-made office material
- Children clothes and men’s supplies
The Ministry also said that the decision does not affect the memorandums of understanding signed with various regional governorates to restrict jobs to Saudis.
He also informed that feminization of women will be continued as planned. Kiosks selling women accessories will also be fully feminized in addition to sections in malls and supermarkets which sell clothes and other women accessories. The phase also includes independent small shops which sell wedding dresses, abayas, garments, child-care and other accessories.
Pharmacies in malls which sell cosmetics and make-up accessories will also be feminized.