Driving in Saudi
Important Things to Know about International Driving License in Saudi
If you’re living in Saudi Arabia (KSA) and having an International Driving License, this post will be helpful for you to have all the information if you want to drive in Saudi Arabia with an International Driving License.
Here are the list of Important things you must know about International Driving License:
- Only Males are allowed to Drive Cars in Saudi Arabia with a Valid International Driving License only for first three months of entering Saudi Arabia. After that you’ll have to obtain Saudi Arabia Driving License.
- You have to take help of your Sponsor/Kafeel to get Driving License in Saudi Arabia.
- Carry all your Original documents such as Driving License and Vehicle Ownership card while driving.
- Women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia
- Heavy Fines may be levied in case you fail to carry all important documents while driving.
- You cannot Renew your International Driving License from Saudi Arabia, if expired.
- If your International Driving License is lost or Stolen then also you’ll be unable to get a replacement in Saudi Arabia.
- Traffic Laws in Saudi Arabia are very strict and must be adhered.
- Heavy Fines will be levied, if you do not follow the traffic laws and it may be doubled if not paid within a specific period.
- You cannot leave Saudi Arabia without paying all the traffic Fines